If you are interested in becoming a vocational nurse, and live in San Francisco, the South Bay, or the East Bay, there are numerous LVN programs in Bay Area communities worthy of your consideration. With 32 different locations offering fully-accredited programs from highly-regarded schools, your choices are many.
This article provides a quick overview of some of the area’s top LVN programs in each of the three aforementioned regions.
About LVN Programs in Bay Area Cities
It’s no secret that the nursing profession is one of the fastest growing in the country, with a projected 21% increase in new jobs created over the next 10 years. Licensed vocational nurses will be a major part of that explosion, and demand for new LVNs is expected to be especially high in the San Francisco Bay Area. Fortunately, some of the top LVN programs in California are available in the region to anyone interested in entering this exciting career path.
From Palo Alto to the Golden Gate Bridge, the San Francisco Peninsula boasts some of the finest LVN programs in the Bay Area. Chief among these are the programs offered by the City College of San Francisco, Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts (San Mateo), and NCP College of South San Francisco.
Over the last three years, each of these three programs has seen better than 70% of its graduates pass the NCLEX-PN on their first attempt. Each is fully accredited by the California BVNPT, offers online classes in addition to on-campus instruction, and is well-regarded in the local health care community.
The South Bay
The Santa Clara Valley, and the city of Santa Clara in particular, is home to a few of the more successful programs in the area. Unitek College and Mission Community College (both located in Santa Clara), as well as San Jose’s campus of the Carrington College of California, have all produced NCLEX-PN pass rates of over 80% among their graduates since 2009.
In addition to their outstanding track records in gaining students licensure, these programs are also considered to be on the cutting edge when it comes to teaching students new medical technology. Their relatively central location to the City and East Bay attracts students from throughout the area, and places them among the largest LVN programs in the region.
The East Bay
There are 18 fully-accredited programs in the East Bay, giving it one of the highest concentrations of top-notch LVN schools in California. From the outstanding community college program at Los Medanos College in Pittsburg, to the superior training and career placement records offered by several of the local professional schools, the East Bay is just as long on quality as it is on quantity.
Carrington College of California (Antioch campus), NCP College of Hayward, Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts (Concord) and Unitek College’s Fremont campus all rank among the state’s annual leaders in NCLEX-PN pass rates. Meanwhile, Los Medanos’ perfect 100% graduate pass rate over the past two years ties for the best performance of any California community college.
Choosing from the LVN Programs in Bay Area Communities
This article reviewed only the top performing vocational nursing programs in the Bay Area, but that does not mean that the area’s other accredited schools are not also worth a look. For contact information on the LVN programs in Bay Area communities mentioned in this article, and all other accredited programs in the state, see our LVN schools in California directory page.
Recommended LVN Programs in California!
- Online Associate Degree to Master Degree Nursing program
- Online Bachelor Degree to Master Degree Nursing program
- Vocational Nursing
- Medical Assisting
- Registered Nursing - LVN to RN
Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a four-year, private university located in west St. Louis County. Maryville University students may choose from 75+ academic programs, including degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited, and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs & dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid & more!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Vocational Nursing
- Medical Assistant
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati (UC) has been categorized at the highest level of higher education: the Carnegie Commission (which evaluates the achievements of faculty, current research, leading edge curriculum, and accreditation) has recognized UC as a Doctoral/Research University — Extensive. Each year, this urban, public, nonprofit university graduates 5,000 students, adding to more than 200,000 living alumni around the world. The online programs connect students to a dynamic community of devoted educators, accessible research, and a dedicated support team.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse-Midwifery
- Master of Science in Nursing - Womens Health Nurse Practitioner
- Vocational Nursing Program*
- Vision Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Vocational Nursing
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
NCP is a California State approved College of Nursing that serves the San Francisco Bay Area. Our nursing programs are attended by many students from nearby of San Francisco, Daly City, San Bruno, Pacifica, Millbrae, Brisbane, San Mateo, Burlingame, Hayward, San Leandro, Oakland, Emeryville, Berkeley, Castro Valley, Union City, Fremont, Concord and San Jose.
- Vocational Nursing Program
- Medical Assistant Program